Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Target Audiences

One of the most important aspects of constructing a magazine that I have observed is knowing your target audience. I believe there is a wide variety of target audiences, but I have selectively chosen people who are interested in watching real sports as the main target audience. I have decided to go this route because there are many similarities between real sports and e-sports. For example, there is a strong sense of competition between both the players and the fans. I believe that as long as someone can understand the mechanics of a game, they can get behind it and learn to appreciate it. Especially with the fast-paced, engaging nature of video games, the transition would not be too steep.
In my post to come, I will explain how this will be a large factor in determining the overall design of both the cover and the two-page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment