Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Understanding the Traditional Layout of a Magazine

As part of my research today, I have searched to understand the typical layout of magazines. I have chosen to go through the conventional route because while my content may be ground-breaking, I still want it to be presented in a familiar and easily digestible way.
I found this link particularly useful titled, "The Anatomy of a Magazine Layout"
The link is a .pdf of a detailed dissection of every aspect of a magazine. From the well-known elements such as the headline or lead, all the way to the minute but evermore important folio (that's the section in the bottom part of the page that lists the page number and magazine's name or issue date), this information will be one of the most important foundations to creating a professional-looking spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment